Barring GBP , there don’t seem to be many real flows involved so far today
- ECB’s Weidmann (Germany): Reiterates view that ECB needs to raise interest rates over time
- Increasing price pressure opens the perspective on monetary policy normalization
- Regling upbeat about Europe’s economy
- Better US data
- US banks results from Jp Morgan and Citi beating expectations
- Polls giving Abe a big lead in the elections
- Us tax plan humming in the background
- US-NK pretty calm (for now, and hopefully longer)
We might expect risk to get a lift and build on yesterday’s gains in EURJPY, EURCHF and USDJPY , USDCHF .
And yet , barring the GBP fall out on the Brexit snap, everything else remains pretty listless : that tells me that today the real money community is
being very quiet and the most active are the day traders and algo’s inside 0.2-0.3% ranges . We need to be patient in this case . I am small short the funders JPY and CHF
myself waiting for the next wave , i.e. breaks of EURJPY 132.90-133.50 ,USDJPY 112.10-112.60 , USDCHF 0.9710-65 , EURCHF 1.1520-65.
Maybe the speakers in Washington later today , fixings or Gotobi day tomorrow in Japan will put some fire in da house .
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020
- A mildly positive risk market on the open? - November 24, 2019
- A huge USD week. This time it’s different, isn’t it? - October 30, 2019