Headlines from the Nikkei
- Japan’s Post Bank will diversify portfolio into large cap stocks as individual holdings
- Could start as early as this year
- JPB had around 207tn yen under management as of June but only a small slice in stocks
- Their stock portfolio performed better than their bonds (no shock there given Japanese bond rates)
- Bonds used to make up 90% of portfolio before they listed
The low bond rates in Japan are leading to more and more money going into higher risk equities. What could go wrong?