Theresa May presser in Europe
- Cooperation won’t stop after Brexit
- Is ambitious and positives about Brexit negotiations
- Agreed with EU that Ireland needs a specific solution post-Brexit
- Both sides agree to no physical border in Ireland (she’s got one result then)
- Will honour EU commitments made to EU, as promised in Florence speech
The long ad short of all this is that May hasn’t got what she wanted in moving negotiations on to trade talks. That’s going to lead to arguments when she gets back home. She’s meekly wearing the EU’s position without putting up much of a fight. She’s suffered a loss here folks but the pound wasn’t really expecting anything less.