Sumitomo Life make a statment on their investment strategy
- Will invest in foreign bonds without currency hedging when USD falls againts JPY
- Will continue to cut back on JGB buying
- Plans to increase holdings of US corp bonds Oct-Mar
The latest big Japanese financial/insurance company to announce they’ll continue to diversify away from Japanese bonds into riskier assets. Last week it was Japan Post Bank.
We might be able to attribute the jump in USDJPY from 113.55, when this story came out earlier, as the algos go front-running the news but the real FX impact will happen over time. We also don’t know what these guys constitue as a dip to buy but we might pick up chatter if they layer some orders in below current prices.
- Heads up for some early end of month FX clues on the MSCI rebalancing - November 11, 2021
- Everyone’s waiting for 112.50 in USDJPY - November 9, 2021
- Celebrate the taper by taking part in our NFP competition - November 3, 2021