September 2017 US durable goods report 25 October 2017
- Prior 2.0%
- Ex-transport 0.7% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Ex-defense 2.0% vs 2.5% prior m/m
- Cap goods orders non-def ex-air 1.3% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 1.1%. Revised to 1.3%
- Cap goods shipments non-def ex-air 0.7% vs 0.1% exp m/m. Prior 1.1%. Revised to 1.2%
Good numbers from the durables report and that’s brought a halt to cable’s run, for now. USDJPY has ticked back up towards the days highs. Currently trades 114.18.
The cap goods shipments has been up for 8 months now and that’s going to add to the GDP picture for Q3.
- Heads up for some early end of month FX clues on the MSCI rebalancing - November 11, 2021
- Everyone’s waiting for 112.50 in USDJPY - November 9, 2021
- Celebrate the taper by taking part in our NFP competition - November 3, 2021