Details form the October US Fed FOMC meeting 01 November 2017
- Prior 1.00%-1.25%
- Balance sheet reduction is proceeding
- Economic activity has bee rising at a solid pace despte hurricanes
- Labour market continues to strengthen
- Core inflation remains soft even though gasoline price rises after hurricanes boosted overall inflation
- Survey-based measures of long-term inflation expectations little changed on balance
- Risks are roughly balanced
- Fed is watching inflation closely
There’s not a lot here but perhaps it’s what’s missing that matters. There’s no real nod to a Dec hike and that might upset a few traders and the dollar. USDJPY trades down to 113.75.
About the only bullish change to the statement from Sep is the reference to the economy “rising at a solid rate” (Oct) vs ” rising at a moderate rate” (Sep).