October 2017 US ISM manufacturing PMI report 01 November 2017
- Prior 60.8
- Prices paid 68.5 vs 68.0 exp. Prior 71.5
- Employment 59.8 vs 60.0 exp. Prior 60.3
- New orders 63.4 vs 64.6 prior
A softer headline than expected but the prices paid component held up better than expected. Nothing too damaging here for manufacturing or the Fed.
Respondents are feeling the after-effects from the storms.
USDJPY has dropped to 114.00 following the data.
- Take part in the last ever Non Farm Payrolls competition - December 1, 2021
- Heads up for some early end of month FX clues on the MSCI rebalancing - November 11, 2021
- Everyone’s waiting for 112.50 in USDJPY - November 9, 2021