11 Nations agree in principal on the TPP Trade deal
- A ministerial agreement has been reached
- The 11 Nations of TPP: Australia , Brunei Darussalam,Canada, Chile, Japan,Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand,Peru, Singapore and Vietnam.
- Japan Economy minister Motegi: “Creating a new, free and fair [trade] rule in a region experiencing high growth like the Asia-Pacific is very significant.”
- TPP 11 makes up only 13.5% of the world’s gross domestic product and 15.2% of global trade volumes, as opposed to 38.2% and 26.5%, respectively, with the U.S.
- Nikkei has more on the agreement here
Some pressure on the U.S. from this maybe ?