The monthly economic report from the BOJ 28 November 2017
The Japanese economy is on a moderate recovery.
- Private consumption is picking up moderately.
- Business investment is picking up.
- Exports are picking up.
- Industrial production is picking up.
- Corporate profits are improving. Firms’ judgment on current business conditions is improving.
- The employment situation is improving.
- Consumer prices are flat.
Concerning short-term prospects, the economy is expected to recover, supported by the effects of the policies, while employment and income situation is improving. However, attention should be given to the uncertainty in overseas economies and the effects of fluctuations in the financial and capital markets.
The market can move if the language in this report changes, even subtly. Here’s the full report.