A Bank of Canada poll conducted by Reuters
- 26/30 economists expect the next hike to come in April 2018
- A thrid of respondents polled in this and the prior poll have pushed their calls out to early next year from Dec
There’s big data due for the BOC tomorrow with GDP and their jobs report out. The BOC meeting is 6th Dec.
If recent moves in the CAD are anything to go by, we could have some more great trading opportunities coming up. With a hike very unlikely next week, good data tomorrow could see USDCAD dip. If it’s another big move, that might be a good dip to buy into to run into the BOC, and then (if it all pans out), the FOMC a week later. We’ll have to cross that bridge tomorrow.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- What’s got into the Swissy then? - January 16, 2020
- New Year’s, new ideas - January 8, 2020
- My GBPUSD long trade was all wrapped for Christmas – Here’s what’s coming in 2020 - January 6, 2020