Household spending m/m: -2.0 % vs -1.4% exp
- Household spending y/y prior -0.3%
- Household spending m/m prior 0.4%
Mr and Mrs Watanabe are still not confident in opening their wallets although the y/y comes in a bit better, or did they put everything in the stock market or in bitcoin?
It’s an important measurement for consumer optimism/pessimism which should be keeping Abe’s government in alert and push for next Spring wage rises.
Latest posts by K-man (see all)
- #Canada #Employment report preview. - November 5, 2021
- Rotation, ROTATION! - November 24, 2020
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020