Household spending m/m: -2.0 % vs -1.4% exp
- Household spending y/y prior -0.3%
- Household spending m/m prior 0.4%
Mr and Mrs Watanabe are still not confident in opening their wallets although the y/y comes in a bit better, or did they put everything in the stock market or in bitcoin?
It’s an important measurement for consumer optimism/pessimism which should be keeping Abe’s government in alert and push for next Spring wage rises.
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020
- A mildly positive risk market on the open? - November 24, 2019
- A huge USD week. This time it’s different, isn’t it? - October 30, 2019