Joint Brexit statement from UK’s Theresa May & EU’s Jean-Claude Juncker 4 December 2017
- Not been possible to make a complete agreement
- Significant progress has been made
- EU reasdy to resume talks this week
- May is a tough negotiator
- This is not a failure
- We want to move forward together
- Need more consultation on some issues
- Is confdent on a positive conclusion
Short but sweet but not a disaster. Juncker has given a bullish statement that progress has been made and the comment that this is not a failure is telling.
GBPUSD has recovered to 1.3480 but still looks edgy.
This is all about the DUP as May had to break from the meeting to make some calls to the party. That suggests there’s still some sticking points between what May is offering and what the DUP will back.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022
Thank you 4 your speedy updated.