Novermber 2017 UK labour market report 13 December 2017
- Prior 1.1k. Revised to 6.5k
- Oct 2017 ILO unemployment rate 4.3% vs 4.2% exp. Prior 4.3%
- Average weekly earnings 2.5% vs 2.5% exp 3m y/y. Prior 2.2%. Revised to 2.3%
- Ex-bonus 2.3% vs 2.2% exp. Prior 2.2%
Wages more or less confirmed better and that’s trumping the jump in claims.
GBPUSD had already run higher to 1.3367 pre-release and is now lower at 1.3352. No leaks whatsoever #sarcasm.
- Annual real earnings fell by 0.2% Jul-Sep 2017 (incl bonus) and by 0.4% (ex-bonus)
- The unemployment rate declined by 0.1ppt to 4.3% 3M-Oct 2017 vs previous quarter
- The fall of 56K in Aug-Sep 2017 employment largest drop since 67K drop Mar-May 2015
- 44K net outflow from employment Jul-Sep 2017 highest since Jul-Sep 2011
- Employment rate fell 0.2ppt to 75.1% 3M to Oct 2017 vs previous quarter
- Inactivity rate up 0.3% on quarter to 21.5%, a rise of 115K
- Vacancies rise 14K on quarter to record high of 798K