Monetary policy Statement on 21.12.2017
- Maintains 10-year JGB Yield Control (YCC) at 0.00%
- Maintains annual pace of JGB holdings at ¥80T
- Maintains annual ETF purchases at ¥6.0T
- Vote 8 to 1 (Kataoka issues dovish dissent for 3rd straight meeting)
- Maintains assessment of economy
- Raises assessment of business fixed investment
- Fixed investment has continued increasing trend
- Private consumption has been increasing moderately (prior private consumption has increased resilience)
- Will make policy adjustments as appropriate based on economy, prices and financial conditions. (This one is new)
- Here’s the link to the statement
Steady as she goes with a small blip on the announcement.USDJPY 113.40, EURJPY 134.55.
We need to hear from Kuroda what that “adjustment” line means. I’m a little intrigued.