December 2017 Eurozone Markit retail PMI’s 5 January 2018
The lastest retail PMI’s are out and we’vce seen yet another positive round of numbers.
- Eurozone 53.0 vs 52.4 prior
- Germany 55.1 vs 54.6 prior
- France 53.0 vs 52.2 prior
- Italy 49.5 vs 49.2 prior
These numbers are a pretty good lead on the main retail sales numbers. Next Monday we get the main sales for November which correspond with last months PMI data, which showed a decent bounce from the fall in Oct. Expectations are already set quite high at 1.0% vs -1.1% prior m/m & 1.9% vs 0.4% prior y/y. For a decent trading opportunity we would want to see expectations out of kilter with the PMI’s.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Forex options expiries 22 August 2019 - August 22, 2019
- A trader’s view: MXN – Indices – Metals - August 21, 2019
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019