January 2018 UK CBI retail distributive trades report 25 January 2018
- Prior 20
- Total sales 14 vs 24 prior
- Retail sales grew for the third consecutive month in the year to January
- Growth was weaker than expected and below the long-run average. Retail sales volumes declined further compared with the average for the time of year
- Retailers expect sales volumes to continue to grow in February at a similar pace
- Robust growth in grocers’ sales volumes offset the decline in sectors such as furniture & carpets, non-specialised (i.e. department) stores, and specialist food & drink
Still some fall out being seen from the strong Nov retail period.