NAFTA comments from Mexico
- Progress made by NAFTA nations has put us on the right track to create landing zones to conlude negotiations soon
- Next round will take place in Feb in Mexico (no date given)
- NAFTA nations are cracking some of the most comples issues at technical and political levels
- There has been flexibility from three nations leading to constructive proposals
- There are still substantial challenges ahead
USDMXN has dropped to 18.5265 from 8.6540 odd.
US’s trade rep Lighthizer also responding with comments
- We believe progress has been made in talks but they are progressing slowly
- Talks need ot move at a much faster pace
- Canada’s WTO challenge makes us wonder if all parties are committed to beneficial mutual trade
And USDMXN goes all the way back up to 18.64.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- What did we learn this week? – A lesson in making mountains out of molehills - February 15, 2019
- GBP could hold the keys to some large expiries – Forex options expiries 15 February 2019 - February 15, 2019
- Forex option expiries 14 February 2019 - February 14, 2019