NAFTA comments from Mexico
- Progress made by NAFTA nations has put us on the right track to create landing zones to conlude negotiations soon
- Next round will take place in Feb in Mexico (no date given)
- NAFTA nations are cracking some of the most comples issues at technical and political levels
- There has been flexibility from three nations leading to constructive proposals
- There are still substantial challenges ahead
USDMXN has dropped to 18.5265 from 8.6540 odd.
US’s trade rep Lighthizer also responding with comments
- We believe progress has been made in talks but they are progressing slowly
- Talks need ot move at a much faster pace
- Canada’s WTO challenge makes us wonder if all parties are committed to beneficial mutual trade
And USDMXN goes all the way back up to 18.64.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Cheers, jeers, beers and tears – A whacky week for trading - July 13, 2018
- CAD and GBP shorts jump – CFTC forex futures report - July 13, 2018
- Brexit’s (probably) coming home and markets don’t care…for now - July 13, 2018