Australian employment data for Feb 2018 on 22.03.2018
- Prior Employment change +16K, revised to 12.5K
- Unemployment rate 5.6% vs 5.5% exp, vs prior 5.5%
- Participation rate 65.7% vs 65.6% exp, prior 65.6
- Fulltime employment 64.9K vs prior -49.8K, revised to -53.2K
- Part-time employment -47.4K vs prior 65.9K
A tad worse than expected on the headlines but the rotation from part- into fulltime jobs and participation rate makes up for the miss.
AUDUSD already up earlier on social media (fake then) calls for a rise of 65K jobs …