Governeing council members discussed 4 QE scenarios at their September 2017 meeting
Reuters with a “sources” story;
- ECB policy makers discussed 4 QE scenarios at yesterday’s meeting
- QE options included buys at €40bln and €20bln per month
- Extension options include 6 or 9 months
- Agreed next step is to cut stimulus
- Cut should be done with the boradest possible consensus
The last headline could possibly be a nod to QE opponents like Germany’s Weidmann, who we can probably assume was front and centre of the cutting crew.