Details of the August 2017 US housing starts and building permits report 19 September 2017
- Prior 1.155m. Revised to 1.190m
- Building permits 1.300m vs 1.220m exp. Prior 1.230m
Permits came out stronger, which bodes well for construtcion down the line, while starts pick up from last month’s drop with a decent revision. They’re looking a little sideways at the moment which suggests further consolidation. The buck hasn’t done much on this or the import/export numbers.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- A big thank you for a superb week all round - August 17, 2018
- CFTC Futures report: EURUSD longs throw in the towel - August 17, 2018
- Lira collapse post-mortem: Contagion lite - August 17, 2018