BOE super hawk spoke at a private business conference and some of the details have emerged via Reuters
- BOE predicts a slow motion economic slowdown over the next 3 years, probably to around 1.5%
- Balancing inflation and capcity will push interest rates up sooner rather than later
- Sees two trends, growth slowing after Brexit and clearly seeing higher inflation
The comments aren’t much of a divergence from a known hawk but it does show that the BOE will have a battle to fight with hiking rates while inflation goes one way and GDP , the other.
The full Reuters piece is here.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020
- Trading idea for a large AUDUSD expiry looks out of reach for now - February 12, 2020
- What are the true economic effects of Coronavirus going to be? - February 6, 2020