Unconfirmed press reports doing the rounds
I can find no real source for this yet but its headline chatter that’s bouncing around.
As my colague K-Man notes, it could be risk positive news if confirmed as the Chinese have been facing pressure from the US to do more about squeezing finances to NK. Trump has warned China that it will target their banks with sanctions.
Update: Reuters have it as a sources story.
- PBOC tells banks to fully implement sanctions against NK
- Banks must wind down existing loans with NK customers
- Must not issue new loans to NK customers
Full story from Reuters now out here.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020
- Trading idea for a large AUDUSD expiry looks out of reach for now - February 12, 2020
- What are the true economic effects of Coronavirus going to be? - February 6, 2020