Details of the US jobless claims data week ending 15 September 2017
- Prior 284k. Revised to 282k
- Continued claims 1.980m vs 1.975m exp. Prior 1.944m. Revised to 1.936m
- 4 week average 268.75k vs 263.25k prior. Revised to 262.72k
That makes the claims picture look a bit better as it turns around the recent spike. The 4 week average needs to be watched for signs of its continued rise as that could bring some warnings on jobs.
- Virus, volatility and valuations - February 28, 2020
- What we’ve got here is an abject lesson in fear trading - February 27, 2020
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020