Comments from Fed head Janet Yellen
- Uncertainties strengthen case for gradual hikes
- Gradual approach to rate hikes are particularly appropriate in light of subdued inflation
- Fed should be wary of moving too gradually
Conflicting comments from Yellen. The first comments on gradual took the buck down but the latter has pushed it back up again.
USDJPY swung down to test 112.00 but is now having another look at a long-term trouble spot at 112.50.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020
- Trading idea for a large AUDUSD expiry looks out of reach for now - February 12, 2020
- What are the true economic effects of Coronavirus going to be? - February 6, 2020