The final September 2017 Us Michigan consumer sentiment report 29 September 2017
- Flash 95.3. Aug 96.8
- Current conditions 111.7 vs 113.7 exp. Prior 113.9
- Expectations 84.4 vs 83.2 exp. Prior 83.4
- 1yr inflation expectations 2.7% unch
- 5yr 2.5% vs 2.6% prior
A slight drop in current conditions, though probably not unsurprising given the hurricanes recently. If some of the survey phone calls were to hurricane victims, i doubt they’d be overly enthusiastic about things right now.
Comments now from survey director Curtin;
- Confidence has shown astonishing resilience
- Impact of hurricanes has quickly faded
What cobblers. Any poor data is going to be blamed on the hurricanes for the next 2 months.
- Take part in the last ever Non Farm Payrolls competition - December 1, 2021
- Heads up for some early end of month FX clues on the MSCI rebalancing - November 11, 2021
- Everyone’s waiting for 112.50 in USDJPY - November 9, 2021