September 2017 US Markit manufacturing PMI final 02 October 2017
- Flash 53.0. Aug 52.8
- Employment 54.3 vs 54.3 flash. Aug 53.1 (Highest since Dec 2016)
- Output 52.4 vs 52.4 flash. Aug 52.4
- Input prices increase at fastest pace since December 2012
On prices, Markit notes;
Inflationary pressures intensified as input price inflation accelerated sharply. Moreover, the rate of increase was the fastest since December 2012. Panellists commented that raw material prices -notably for metals-were driven up after the recent hurricanes. Severe weather conditions also contributed to a further deterioration in vendor performance,with lead-times lengthening to the greatest extent since February 2015.Firms generally passed on greater cost burdens to clients through higher charges. Although the rate of output price inflation reached a five-month high, it was moderate overall.
It’s all about the inflation folks and that’s going to be closely watched in the much bigger ISM due up shortly.
- A huge week is coming in FX markets – Are you ready for it? - September 26, 2020
- Did you all have fun in GBPUSD last week? - September 14, 2020
- GBPUSD is back on the Brexit wagon. Here’s the levels we’re watching - September 7, 2020