Regional German CPI numbers for November 2017 give EURUSD a shot in the arm
It’s CPI day in Germany and so far the results are pretty bullish for the euro. Here’s the year on year numbers so far.
- Saxony 2.0% vs 1.8% prior
- Brandenburg 1.6% vs 1.3% prior
- Bavaria 1.8% vs 1.5% prior
- Hesse 2.0% vs 1.6% prior
- Baden Wuerttemberg 1.8% vs 1.5% prior
- North Rhine 1.8% vs 1.6% prior
That’s quite an uplift in inflation and they’ve helped lift theeur by around 25 pips to 1.1884.
The headline German number is out at 13.00 GMT as is expected at 1.7% vs 1.6% prior, wioth HICP expected at 1.7% vs 1.5% prior. Given these numbers here, traders might be looking for something a little higher.
I’ll update this post with the North Rhine number when it’s out but I’ll pump it on the forexflowlive twitter feed when it’s released.
- Here’s how the ForexFlow traders get ready to trade today’s US NFP - July 2, 2020
- Risk aversion, not panic, in face of uncertainty – 4X Global Research - July 2, 2020
- GUESS WHAT’S BACK??? - July 1, 2020