October 2017 US Personal income, spending and PCE report 30 November 2017
- Prior 1.6%. Revised to 1.7%
- Core 1.4% vs 1.4% exp y/y Prior 1.3%. Revised to 1.4%
- Personal income 0.4% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.4%
- Adjusted Spending 0.3% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 1.0%
- Real spending 0.1% vs 0.2% exp m/m. Prior 0.6%
- Disposible income 0.5% vs 0.4% prior
- Savings rate 3.2% vs 3.0% prior
Ok, we can nit pick the numbers but the important factor is that there’s nothing bad here and that will keep the dollar supported.
There’s nothing of real note in the numbers, save for spending. Durables spending fell 0.1% vs 2.9% prior. Desposible income rose and that will give the Fed some solace that folks will be able to wear another hike. This report is pretty much hike supportive and USDJPY has risen to 112.44 from around 112.33. Not a huge move but it’s adding to the bullish trend in play right now.