November 2017 Canadian employment report 1 December 2017
- Prior 35.3k
- Unemployment rate 5.9% vs 6.2% exp. Prior 6.3%
- Participation rate 65.7% vs 65.7% prior
- Full-time employment change 29.6k vs 88.7k prior
- Part-time 49.9k vs -53.1k prior
A very strong report. USDCAD trades down to 1.2787 from 1.2890.
The goods sector tacked on 37.4k, services 42.1k. The other good news is a continued push into full-time employment. The full/part time component can be a bit of a revolving door month to month.
I’m bid at 1.2780 but that looks to be too low for now. The loonie has a tendency to get a second and third wind.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019
- Forex options expiries 20 August 2019 - August 20, 2019
- How did the risk trading picture develop from last week? - August 20, 2019