November 2017 Canadian employment report 1 December 2017
- Prior 35.3k
- Unemployment rate 5.9% vs 6.2% exp. Prior 6.3%
- Participation rate 65.7% vs 65.7% prior
- Full-time employment change 29.6k vs 88.7k prior
- Part-time 49.9k vs -53.1k prior
A very strong report. USDCAD trades down to 1.2787 from 1.2890.
The goods sector tacked on 37.4k, services 42.1k. The other good news is a continued push into full-time employment. The full/part time component can be a bit of a revolving door month to month.
I’m bid at 1.2780 but that looks to be too low for now. The loonie has a tendency to get a second and third wind.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022