Fresh comments from Ireland and none suggesting a deal is imminent
A wave of comments and headlines popping up;
Irish fin min
- UK has moved on many matters
- Text agreed betweeen UK and EU on border must be retained
UK’s Deputy PM Green
- Is confident Brexit deal will be reached by next week
- Refuses to comment whether DUP is on side with a border deal
- Party will not be rushed on agreeing text on a border deal
There’s no plans for a May/Foster call todayLivesquawk note a tweet from The Sun saying that May & Foster are speaking now
While none of the comments are directly negativbe, it’s showing that things haven’t moved on much. That’s hitting the pound as the clock is ticking on getting this border issue sorted before the end of the week. The DUP are still playing hardball while the Southern Irish are pushing for the original deal to be kept.
May’s stuck between a rock and a hard place.
GBPUSD has fallen to a low of 1.3360 but has perked up on the news that May is possibly speaking to DUP’s Foster now.