If the UK can’t get it’s act together over Brexit, the EU wants to template the Canadian trade deal
The FT are out with a sources story citing European officials.
- Bloc to make limited-access trade offer if Britain fails to clarify demands before summer
- Will present UK with a skeleton trade plan UK is unable to clarify its demands and remains in “Brexit La-La land
One official said;
“If the commission sees that it’s not getting any clarity on this then it is preparing a ‘take it leave it’ proposal,”
Full story from the FT here.
GBPUSD is showing some weakness as it falls to a low of 1.3338. It might be this story is hitting the wider press now.
This is another attempt to shoe-horn the UK into making an early decision on trade and a deal styled on the EU/CAD one would be a lot less than what the UK would want or need, and thus GBP negative. Be on watch for any comments from the UK government.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022