December 2017 UK Markit/CIPS construction PMI 3 January 2018
- Prior 53.1
- New orders 53.1 vs 52.9. Highest since May 2017
- Housing remains by far the best performing area of activity
- New orders rise at fastest pace since May
- Sharp rate of input price inflation continues in December
Juyt a minor miss but the underlying comeponents aren’t too bad. On inflaiton, things are still looking strong;
Strong cost pressures persisted across the construction sector, driven by rising prices for a range of inputs. In particular, survey respondents noted higher prices for blocks, bricks, insulation and roof tiles, alongside continued rises in the cost of imported products. Although the rate of input cost inflation picked up since November, it remained softer than February’s peak.
GBPUSD touched a new low of 1.3584 but that’s from 1.3591 so nothing major.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Forex options expiries 22 August 2019 - August 22, 2019
- A trader’s view: MXN – Indices – Metals - August 21, 2019
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019