December 2017 US industrial production report 17 January 2018
- Prior 0.2%. Revised to -0.1%
- Capacity utilisation 77.9% vs 77.3% exp. Prior 77.1%. Revised to 77.2%
- Manufacturing output 0.1% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.2%. Revised to 0.3%
Decent numbers here, especially from the Cap U, as that’s a good indicator of activity, and is also used as a signal for employment and investment. The higher it goes, the more business factories are doing and the more they’ll look to expand.
Consumer goods led the way rising 1.0% after a 0.7% drop last month.
USDJPY not doing much but it ticked up to 110.81 from arounbd 110.70.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Forex options expiries 20 August 2019 - August 20, 2019
- How did the risk trading picture develop from last week? - August 20, 2019
- Forex options expiries 19 August 2019 - August 19, 2019