January 2018 German Markit manufacturing, services and composite PMI’s 24 January 2018
- Prior 63.3
- Services 57.0 vs 55.6 exp. Prior 55.8
- Composite 58.8 vs 58.6 exp. Prior 58.9
An easing in manufacturing but a decent gain in services. More importantly, there’s news on inflation;
Costs also rose more quickly in the services economy, pushing the overall rate of input price inflation to its highest since April 2011. Businesses passed on higher costs in the form of increased selling prices for goods and services, which also rose at the fastest rate for close to seven years. Factory gate price inflation was in fact the second-fastest on record, while the increase in service sector charges was the quickest in ten months.
EURUSD not doing anythingaround 1.2320.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Forex options expiries 22 August 2019 - August 22, 2019
- A trader’s view: MXN – Indices – Metals - August 21, 2019
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019