BOJ’s Captain Charisma, BOE’s Mark Carney, and the IMF’s Christine Lagarde on a panel in Davos
The Captain has started off by pretty much reading his latest mon pol statement. This one is going to be a throbber I can tell.
- New technologies are one factor behind a lack of inflation pick up
- Another is that it’s not been easy to change the deflationary mindset
- Medium to long-term inflation expectations are picking up
- We are finally close to the target
Carney up now.
- 80% of the recovery in G7 economies had been led by investment
- The probability has gone up that there will be an adjustment in asset prices
- We have not yet fully solved too big to fail
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Forex options expiries 22 August 2019 - August 22, 2019
- A trader’s view: MXN – Indices – Metals - August 21, 2019
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019