Q4 2017 US GDP advance reading 26 January 2018
- Q3 GDP 3.2%.
- Sales advance 3.2% vs 3.2% exp. Prior 2.4%
- Consumer spending 3.8% vs 2.2% prior
- PCE 2.8% vs 1.8% exp. Prior 1.5%
- Core PCE 1.9% vs 1.6% exp. Prior 1.3%
The soft headline will catch the attention but there’s a very good jump in spending and PCE is up massively. On the whole, it’s not that bad a report.
Between this and the Durable’s there’s no real reason to see the dollar fall but whether it wants to rally is another question.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- GBP Brexit trading explained – All roads lead to bad news for May - July 17, 2018
- I’m getting a little bit nervous about Brexit – Here’s why - July 17, 2018
- UK labour market report: Claimant count June 2018 7.8k vs -2.1k exp - July 17, 2018