Brexit headlines are like London buses, you wait ages for one then two come along at once
More crowing from the brexit brigade.
- There will be no transition deal without an agreement on the divorce
- If UK wants transition, it must accept rules that may change in EU
- Brexit transition will last 21 months
- Will need to ratify treaty before March 29th 2019
- Still aiming to have the Brexit treaty text in October
UK’s Davis earlier;
- Talks could go on longer than Oct
- Doesn’t expect Art50 to be extended
- Want’s a minimalist customs agreement after Brexit
- A 3 year Brexit transition isn;t necessary
- Expects an argument on the mutual recognition of financial services
No move in the pound or euro but we’re seeing a little bit of USD buying into the fix, likely to be stronegr due to end of month.