German CPI day today and the regional numbers are first
That’s sunk the Euro from the get go. I’ll update this post as we go.
- Saxony 1.4% vs 1.7% prior y/y. EURUSD drops to 1.2339 from 1.2356
- Brandenburg 1.7% vs 1.5% prior y/y. That’s cancelled out the Saxony drop and EURUSD is now up at 1.2377
- Bavaria 1.8% vs 1.7% prior y/y
- Hesse 1.3% vs 1.7% prior y/y
- North Rhine Westphalia 1.5% vs 1.5% prior y/y
The main German flash number is out at 13.00 GMT and is expected at 1.6% vs 1.6% prior y/y (HICP) & 1.7% vs 1.7% prior y/y. If the drop in the Saxony is followed by falls in the others, that’s going to have folks revising down expectations for the main number.
Update 9.06 GMT: It’s all looking a bit messy at the moment. Some up, some down. The euro jumped on the Brandenburg number and has hit a high of 1.2388, but that’s where it’s topped out, right into the late Monday and Asia highs.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022