January 2018 US non-farm payrolls and labour market report 2 February 2018
- Prior 148k. Revised to 160k
- Private payrolls 196k vs 180k exp. Prior 146k. Revised to 166k
- Manufacturing payrolls 15k vs 20k exp. Prior 25k. Revised to 21k
- Gov payrolls 4k vs 2k prior. Revised to -6k
- Unemployment rate 4.1% vs 4.1% exp
- Average hourly earnings 0.3% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.3%. Revised to 0.4%
- 2.9% vs 2.6% exp y/y. Prior 2.5%. Revised to 2.7%. Highest since 2009.
- Average hours 34.3 vs 34.5 exp. Prior 34.5
- Participation rate 62.7% vs 62.7% prior
- U6 underemployment 8.2% vs 8.1% prior
Obviously wages are going to get the attention. A strong beat and the buck has taken off. The 110.20 area is borken so watch to see if it becomes support. If so we could be heading higher. HIke on!!
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Where should we look for the real “squeeze” areas in GBPUSD? - January 23, 2019
- Forex options expiries 23 January 2019 - January 23, 2019
- Go With The Flow 23 January 2019 - January 23, 2019