Details of the latest forecasts from the EU 7 February 2018
- 2017 EZ GDP Growth: 2.4% (Nov. estimate 2.2%; ECB 2.4%)
- 2018 EZ GDP Growth: 2.3% (Nov. estimate 2.1%; ECB 2.3%)
- 2019 EZ GDP Growth: 2.0% (Nov. estimate 1.9%; ECB 1.9%)
- 2017 EZ HICP 1.5% (Nov. estimate 1.5%; ECB 1.5%)
- 2018 EZ HICP 1.5% (Nov. estimate 1.4%; ECB 1.4%)
- 2019 EZ HICP 1.6% (Nov. estimate 1.6%; ECB 1.5%)
- Core inflation is expected to stay subdued as labour market slack recedes only slowly and wage pressures remain contained.
- Headline inflation will continue to reflect the significant influence of energy prices.
- Risks to this growth forecast remain broadly balanced.
- Growth could exceed expectations in the short term due to high level of sentiment.
- Downside risks include uncertain outcome of Brexit talks, geopolitical tensions, a shift toward more inward-looking and protectionist policies
- In the medium term, high global asset prices could be vulnerable to a re-assessment of risks and fundamentals.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- What did we learn this week? – A lesson in making mountains out of molehills - February 15, 2019
- GBP could hold the keys to some large expiries – Forex options expiries 15 February 2019 - February 15, 2019
- Forex option expiries 14 February 2019 - February 14, 2019