January 2018 US hosuing starts and building permits 16 February 2018
- Prior 1.192m. Revised to 1.209m
- Building permits 1.396m vs 1.300m exp. Prior 1.300m
US import/export prices Jan 2018
- 1.0% vs 0.6% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.2%
- 3.6% vs 3.0% exp y/y. Prior 3.2%
- Export prices 0.8% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior -0.1%. Revised to 0.1%
- 3.4% vs 2.8% prior y/y
A decent lift in housing activity into the new year, and to be expected. Further rising prices in the States adds to the inflation picture. Put it all together and the dollar has something to cling to again.
USDJPY is going sideways as yen crosses fall but the buck is having more success against the euro, pound and others.