February 2018 US industrial production 16 March 2018
- Prior -0.1%
- Capacity utilisation 78..1% vs 77.7% exp. Prior 77.5%
- Manufacturing production 1.2% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.0%
Decent numbers here and the Cap U moving higher is good news as it means the US machine is stepping up a gear. Some caution though as autos and mining stepped up to help the gains. Durable goods rose a good 1.8% vs -0.4% prior in manufacturing but consumer goods in final products only rose 0.1%.
The dollar is higher across the board but that was happening well beofre the data.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- USDJPY might try to hang around 110.00 – Forex option expiries 21 August 2018 - August 21, 2018
- How well do you sleep at night when holding trades? - August 20, 2018
- A big lot for AUDUSD down below – Forex option expiries 20 August 2018 - August 20, 2018