February 2018 UK CPI inflation data 20 March 2018
- Prior 3.0%
- 0.4% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior -0.5%
- Core 2.4% vs 2.5% exp y/y. Prior 2.7%
- 0.6% vs 0.6% exp m/m. Prior -0.8%
- RPI 0.8% vs 0.8% exp m/m. Prior -0.8%
- 3.6% vs 3.7% exp y/y. Prior 4.0%
- RPIX 0.8% vs -0.7% prior m/m
- 3.6% v s4.0% prior y/y
Softer numbers and big drops from Jan but the market has already hoovered up a drop in GBPUSD from 1.4050 to 1.4020. 1.4045 trades.
- The Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers’ housing costs (CPIH) 12-month inflation rate was 2.5% in February 2018, down from 2.7% in January 2018.
- The largest downward contributions to the change in the rate came from transport and food prices, which rose by less than a year ago.
- Falling prices for accommodation services also had a downward effect.
- Rising prices for footwear produced the largest, partially offsetting, upward contribution.