March 2018 US CPI report 11 April 2018
- Prior 2.2%
- -0.1% vs 0.0% exp m/m. Prior 0.2%
- Core CPI 2.1% vs 2.1% exp y/y. Prior 1.8%
- 0.2% vs 0.2% exp/prior m/m
- Real average weekly earnings 0.4% vs 0.2% exp m/m. Prior 0.3%
- 0.9% vs 0.6% prior y/y
- Real average hourly earnings 0.4% vs 0.4% prior y/y. Revised to 0.3%
Overall CPI is bang on the money but the wages are looking a bit better, especially the weekly y/y. The dollar has seen some selling on these numbers but I can’t imagine the market was looking for more than it got.
EURUSD has ticked up to 1.2396, GBPUSD to 1.4192. USDJPY hit’s a new low of 106.68.
Gasoline falling 4.9% has gained some attention for the drop on the month but that’s no bad thing in the grand scheme of things. the rest is a mixed bag.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Brexit Mayday: Living on a Prayer – 4X Global Research - November 14, 2018
- US CPI October 2018 2.5% vs 2.5% exp y/y - November 14, 2018
- Here’s what’s next for Brexit in the next few hours - November 14, 2018