April 2018 US industrial production 16 May 2018
- Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Capacity utilisation 78.0% vs 78.4% exp. Prior 78.0%. Revised to 77.6%
- Manufacturing output 0.5% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.0%
Better than expected but with a higher revision. Capacity a bit of a worry due to the lower revision.
For manufacturing, auto parts let the side down but durables are holding up well, which is good for showing consumer demand.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Cheers, jeers, beers and tears – A whacky week for trading - July 13, 2018
- CAD and GBP shorts jump – CFTC forex futures report - July 13, 2018
- Brexit’s (probably) coming home and markets don’t care…for now - July 13, 2018