April 2018 US industrial production 16 May 2018
- Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Capacity utilisation 78.0% vs 78.4% exp. Prior 78.0%. Revised to 77.6%
- Manufacturing output 0.5% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.0%
Better than expected but with a higher revision. Capacity a bit of a worry due to the lower revision.
For manufacturing, auto parts let the side down but durables are holding up well, which is good for showing consumer demand.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- AUDUSD with a big lump at 0.7220 – Forex options expiries 16 November 2018 - November 16, 2018
- US EIA weekly oil inventories show a huge build - November 15, 2018
- Where are we now on Brexit? - November 15, 2018