April 2018 US industrial production 16 May 2018
- Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Capacity utilisation 78.0% vs 78.4% exp. Prior 78.0%. Revised to 77.6%
- Manufacturing output 0.5% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.0%
Better than expected but with a higher revision. Capacity a bit of a worry due to the lower revision.
For manufacturing, auto parts let the side down but durables are holding up well, which is good for showing consumer demand.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- What did we learn this week? – A lesson in making mountains out of molehills - February 15, 2019
- GBP could hold the keys to some large expiries – Forex options expiries 15 February 2019 - February 15, 2019
- Forex option expiries 14 February 2019 - February 14, 2019