April 2018 US industrial production 16 May 2018
- Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Capacity utilisation 78.0% vs 78.4% exp. Prior 78.0%. Revised to 77.6%
- Manufacturing output 0.5% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.0%
Better than expected but with a higher revision. Capacity a bit of a worry due to the lower revision.
For manufacturing, auto parts let the side down but durables are holding up well, which is good for showing consumer demand.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- US existing home sales April 2018 5.46m vs 5.57m exp - May 24, 2018
- USDCAD keeps feeling out the topside resistance as oil drops and NAFTA weighs - May 24, 2018
- UK retail sales April 2018 1.6% vs 0.7% exp m/m - May 24, 2018