April 2018 US industrial production 16 May 2018
- Prior 0.5%. Revised to 0.7%
- Capacity utilisation 78.0% vs 78.4% exp. Prior 78.0%. Revised to 77.6%
- Manufacturing output 0.5% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.0%
Better than expected but with a higher revision. Capacity a bit of a worry due to the lower revision.
For manufacturing, auto parts let the side down but durables are holding up well, which is good for showing consumer demand.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- CFTC forex futures report: GBP shorts get a Brexit reprieve - September 21, 2018
- Where do we stand now on Brexit? - September 21, 2018
- UK’s May talks tough to the EU but the hard Brexit risk is raised - September 21, 2018