Chief EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier out with his thoughts
- May expressed a constructive spirit
- Speech shows willingness to move forward
- Speech is a step forward but must be translated into positions
That’s the common line from most folks, that May said a lot but didn’t really say anything substantial that sets out the UK’s position. that would suggest they’ve heard all that was in the speech during past negotiations.
His full statement is here.
- Virus, volatility and valuations - February 28, 2020
- What we’ve got here is an abject lesson in fear trading - February 27, 2020
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020