EU head Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier on the wires
- Speech must be translated into a position
- EU hoping for progress on all key points in Brexit talks this week
- Clarity needed on citizen rights & Brexit settlement
- There is something strong in UK PM May’s speech
- Says his mandate doesn’t cover Brexit transition period
The comments are intermingled with some from the EU27 as a whole, saying that all negotiations must go through Barnier.
Not a lot going on in the quid on these comments as it’s still being pulled around by what’s going on in yen pairs.