Comments from CSU leader Seehofer via German TV being picked up by our friends at Livesquawk
- Wants to debate the partnership with CDU
- Will remain a partner with Merkel’s CDU
This sounds purely like some posturing ahead of coalition talks. However, that might be sending some jitters through the euro which has touched a low of 1.1880. The Euro opened lower on a less than strong win for Merkel which has raised concerns of populist movements again. Any signs that a coalition might be hard work will weigh further.
Nervy times ahead of our Ang.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Banxico preview – What to look for in tonight’s decision - February 13, 2020
- Trading idea for a large AUDUSD expiry looks out of reach for now - February 12, 2020
- What are the true economic effects of Coronavirus going to be? - February 6, 2020