August 2017 US durable goods report 27 September 2017
- Prior -6.8%
- Ex-transport 0.2% vs 0.2% exp m/m. Prior 0.6%. Revised to 0.8%
- Ex-defence 2.2% vs -7.8% prior m/m. Revised to -7.9%
- Cap goods orders non-def ex-air 0.9% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 1.0%. Revised to 1.1%
A decent report but this can be a volatile number at the best of times.
As usual, the big swings in aircraft don’t help.
- Non-def aircraft parts 44.8% vs -71.1% prior
- Def aircraft parts -24.3% vs 45.7% prior
Reasons to be cheerful but it’s not a barnstormer of a report, looking at the rest of the details.
The report has helped push USDJPY through 113.00 to 113.08 but we don;t look like we’ve tripped any major stops yet and there still looks to be plenty of sellers piling in. Watch out if we tick through 113.10. The barrier is toast though.
- Kyle Bass and the HKD story - July 10, 2020
- What’s it going to take to break USDJPY out of its box? - July 7, 2020
- Here’s how the ForexFlow traders get ready to trade today’s US NFP - July 2, 2020