Details from the September 2017 US ISM non-manufacturing PMI 04 October 2017
- Prior 55.3
- Business activity 61.3 vs 57.2 exp. Prior 57.5
- Employment 56.8 vs 56.2 prior
- New orders 63.0 vs 57.1 prior
- Prices paid 66.3 vs 57.9 prior
A good set of numbers from the services side of the ISM. That sparks the buck into life as USDJPY jumps to 112.86 from 112.60. Once again we see comments regarding the weather but there’s promising noises coming through too.
We’re back on bond watch as US 10’s tick up to 2.345% which is helping the dollar too. Cable and the euro aren’t doing an awful lot.
Comments now from ISM’s Nieves;
- Services price gauge had been driven by energy
- Supplier delivery times have been affected by the hurricanes
- Respondents say storm recovery will boost demand
- A huge week is coming in FX markets – Are you ready for it? - September 26, 2020
- Did you all have fun in GBPUSD last week? - September 14, 2020
- GBPUSD is back on the Brexit wagon. Here’s the levels we’re watching - September 7, 2020